Catch the Cheer of the Season
By Shannon Pulusan
Catch the spirit of this season and share it with friends and loved ones to help overcome the cold weather’s blight. It’s a good remedy to counter cold symptoms and festive food comas. Also, be sure to prescribe more holiday cheer to those suffering from the Ba-humbug.
Here are some ways to share holiday cheer at the workplace and beyond:
- Hang a stocking for each person at the workplace. It could serve as a mailbox for holiday cards and wish lists. Though letters might not be directed towards Santa, you and other co-workers could share New Year’s resolutions and goals.
- Paper Snowflakes. Add a personal touch to the decorations by recycling office paper to cut snowflakes. That memorandum draft can potentially float overhead as a light flurry.
- Hot chocolate. Prepare a hot drink for yourself and others. From hot chocolate, tea or a classic coffee brew, warm beverages can really hit the spot on a cool day.
- Host a Secret Santa gift exchange.
- Compare shopping agendas. The stress of holiday shopping does not have to be endured alone. Share shopping agendas with co-workers and see if you have similar things on your list. Perhaps both of you are eyeing a new toy for a family member and want to stand in line together.
- Donate to local organization. Many local and national organizations hope to spread the holiday cheer with those in need. With your kind donations of food, money and clothing, other can experience the goodness and warmth of this celebratory time of year.
Photo Courtesy of Free Digital Photos .